Do you have expertise and professional experience as a data protection specialist? Are you eager to safeguard data protection and privacy rights in the EU? If so, this is your chance.
The European Data Protection Supervisor, the European Commission, the European Parliament, the Council of the EU, the Economic and Social Committee, the European Court of Justice and the European External Action Service are looking for data protection specialists (administrators-grade AD 6).
Data protection experts carry out a large variety of tasks, including:
- informing and advising on good practice in the area of data protection;
- drafting respective guidance documents and contributing to the promotion of public awareness;
- providing information to data subjects about the exercise of their rights;
- handling and investigating data protection complaints
In addition they,
- assess the impact of technological choices on data protection and offer relevant solutions;
- offer advice on the application of the General Data Protection Regulations of the EU;
- perform audit activities and tasks in connection with litigation;
- represent the institutions in court cases
As an employer, the institutions and agencies of the EU offer a community of expertise with a wide range of opportunities to broaden your learning, enhance your skills, and develop your career.
Respect for cultural diversity and promotion of equal opportunities are founding principles of the EU and the European Personnel Selection Office endeavours to apply equal opportunities, treatment and access to all candidates. You can find out more about our equal opportunities policy and how to request special adjustments for selection tests on our dedicated page.
Do you have what it takes?
In order to apply, you must be an EU citizen and know at least two official EU languages, at minimum C1 level (thorough knowledge): Language 1 (one of the official EU languages) and Language 2 (English or French).
Additionally, you need a university degree of at least 3 years, followed by at least 3 years’ professional experience related to the field (i.e. the development of data protection policies and/or application of data protection legal framework)
If this matches your profile, then you are the one we are looking for!
For detailed information on requirements and on the application procedure and tests, please read the Notice of Competition on our apply page below.
The application period opens on 9 September.