Administrators in the field of Public Health

Home > Administrators in the field of Public Health

Are you a public health specialist looking for an exciting new career in the EU institutions? The European Commission is looking for highly talented and motivated health and food safety specialists in the area of audit, inspection and evaluation, and food safety specialists in policy and legislation.

Health and food safety administrators carry out and lead audits, prepare reports and technical matters as well as maintain professional and scientific knowledge in the field.

Policy and legislation administrators develop policy and legislation, implement and manage existing legislation and carry out regulatory tasks, including risk assessment, as well as monitor trade agreements.

The EU institutions require significant levels of resourcefulness, resilience and mental agility, but also offer a wide range of opportunities to broaden your learning, enhance your skills, and develop your career. You will be working in multicultural, international and diverse teams to benefit the lives of over 500 million citizens in Europe and beyond.

People sitting and talking next to computer.

Respect for cultural diversity and promotion of equal opportunities are founding principles of the EU and we endeavour to apply equal opportunities, treatment and access to all candidates. You can find out more about our equal opportunities policy and how to request special adjustments of selection tests for candidates with disabilities and special needs on our equal opportunities page.

Don't miss this fantastic career opportunity – registration opens on 15 March 2018.


Do you have what it takes?

Before you apply, it's important to think carefully about whether an EU career is the right choice for you. The "EU Career, My Career?" questionnaire will give you a realistic idea of whether you are likely to meet the high standards required to succeed in this competition.

You will need to have a university degree of at least three years in a relevant subject followed by at least four years of professional experience in the field. Additionally, you must have EU citizenship and a good command of two European languages. One from the following: English, French, German or Italian, and a second language from the 24 official EU languages.



Overview of Administrators in the field of Public Health


Computer-based testing (CBT)

Assessment Centre

Reserve list

Get Started with "Health and food safety - audit, inspection and evaluation" profile



Get Started with "Food safety - policy and legislation" profile