Home > FAQs > Are travel costs reimbursed?

Are travel costs reimbursed?

EPSO does not contribute to any travel expenses incurred by your participation in any computer-based tests or preliminary/intermediate tests (i.e. multiple choice question tests, e-tray exercise and translation tests).

Candidates invited to the case study or to a written test in the field having an address of residence in a country outside the EU are entitled to claim a contribution towards their travel expenses if these tests are part of the assessment center (please refer to the relevant notice of competition).

When you participate to the assessment centre tests you may, if you are eligible, request a contribution for your travel expenses, but not a reimbursement of all expenses actually incurred (Article 2). In addition, as regards subsistence costs, a contribution is foreseen only if the various tests at the assessment centre take place over two consecutive days or are separated by a maximum of three days (Article 6). You will not receive any contribution to the accommodation costs for the night before or the night after the assessment centre in accordance with the rules below:

  • Rules on financial contributions towards travel and subsistence expenses for persons invited to tests organised as part of a competition or selection procedure, or to an interview or medical examination (applies to selection procedures published from 1 January 2018)
  • Rules on the contribution to travel and subsistence expenses of candidates invited to sit tests in a selection procedure organised by EPSO (assessment centre, written, practical and/or oral tests) (applies to selection procedures published from 1 June 2015): EnglishFrenchGerman

Important:  Please note that you have 3 months from the date of your test to send the whole request for a contribution towards travel/subsistence expenses.

As a general rule, the address of residence indicated in your EPSO account will be used as the basis for the calculation.

If you are eligible please:

  •  fill in the documents (legal entity form (select "Natural person") and Financial identification form);
  •  print and sign them;
  •  ask your bank to stamp the financial identification form;
  •  print, fill in and sign the "contribution form";
  •  send the above documents with a copy of your identity card or passport, and proof of travel and/or accommodation to:

EPSO - Unit 01 Secretariat
C-25  7/56
European Commission
1049 Brussels

To know more on how to apply for a contribution to travel and/or subsistence expenses, please visit this related question.

Was this answer useful?

Yes No