Home > FAQs > Other contracts

Other contracts

How can I become an assistant in the European Parliament?

See the European Parliament's website for information about parliamentary assistants working for Members of the European Parliament. See also the individual websites of the Political Groups for information about their own recruitment procedures.


Can I work as a freelance interpreter/translator?

Are there opportunities for freelance linguists? To become a freelance translator for the European Commission, please consult the notices of call for tenders for the Court of Justice, consult the contract notices.   To become a freelance interpreter at the European Commission, the European Parliament or the European Court of Justice, please see Interpreting for Europe. 


Can I do a traineeship with the External Action Service?

Traineeships of up to 18 months are offered in the EU Delegations to give talented and promising university post-graduates the opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the work of the Delegations, and a deeper insight into their role in the implementation of EU external relations policies. For more information, see the Junior Professionals in Delegation programme.


Did you find an answer?

Yes No