If you are a student keen to promote EU careers on your university campus then why not apply to become a voluntary EU Career Student Ambassador?
As part of the experience, you will be able to:
- Find out more about EU Career opportunities and promote them to your fellow students
- Build a fantastic student network across Europe
- Gain work experience during your studies that will give your CV extra weight
- Develop your skills in public speaking, marketing and HR
- Receive a full induction training and coaching throughout the role
- Access to high-ranking EU officials
- A reference letter based on your performance
We are looking for motivated, outgoing people with enthusiasm to promote EU Careers in your university.
As a highly regarded employer of top graduates, EU Careers is looking for brand ambassadors at some of Europe's finest universities.
The EU Careers Ambassadors scheme involves finding innovative ways of promoting the great opportunities the EU institutions have to offer, including through:
- attending careers fairs, or giving presentations to your fellow students
- developing university networks and providing information
- maintaining an active online and social media presence
- answering questions about EU Careers
Do you want to hear about the EU Careers Ambassadors’ first hand experience?
What does an Ambassador do?
- Act as a point of contact for students interested in EU Careers
- Research target groups and contact university media
- Set up mailing lists and distribute information on EU Careers through the appropriate channels
- Give presentations, attend university careers events and find interesting speakers
- Complete monthly tasks and regularly report back on your activities
- Manage and regularly monitor a dedicated Facebook page / online presence
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for motivated Ambassadors who want to promote the benefits of an EU Career and have the following competences:
- Excellent communication skills
- Networking skills
- Willingness to share and learn
- Ability to adapt
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to deliver quality and results
- Innovative and creative approach
- Commit at least two hours per week to your Ambassador role
- Arrange or participate in a minimum of one EU Careers event or presentation
- Communicate on a regular basis with your EU Careers coordinator
- Participate in all training offered (online)
- Keep a log of your activities and report back regularly
Outside of these minimum requirements it is really up to you to decide how much promotion you can fit in alongside your academic studies and how you promote EU Careers to your fellow students. We are looking for Ambassadors who are creative and can come up with innovative ways of promoting EU Careers!
How to apply
The selection process for the 2022/23 academic year will start in February/March 2022.
If you are:
- An EU citizen.
- Fluent in English and in one of the languages of the country in which you are studying.
- Available to take part in our compulsory one day training course in October 2022.
- Enrolled and present at the university for the duration of the Ambassador's post (October 2022 - September 2023).
Please note that the list of participating universities has been established in collaboration with national governments. Currently we are unable to support Ambassadors at other universities and generally we do not change this list. If your university is not on this list, please visit us next year to check the updated list.
If you have questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at: EPSO-CAREERS-AMBASSADOR@ec.europa.eu